More info: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Institute of Molecular Genetics welcomes the general public on October 1st 2016, for its Open Day. Attendees will learn what new opportunities the modern Molecular Genetics techniques are offering, for a higher social wellness. A brief serie of talks, will present the historical landmarks of genetic research and how they developed into the most advanced modern applications. Then, the attendees will have the opportunity to directly interact with the IGM-CNR researchers in different thematic workstations on: DNA, RNA, Protein, Cells, Bioinformatics, in order to learn how the genetic information is handled, decoded and used in a modern scientific research environment. Refreshments will follow.
Falaschi Lecture Room IGM-CNR
- 15.00: Arrival and welcome address by the IGM Director Giuseppe Biamonti
- 15.10: Simone Sabbioneda. “Colorful microcosm”.
- 15.30: Debora Ferri “DNA and RNA: from the lab to everyday’s life”
- 15.50: Giovanni Maga. “Ars Longa: science between discere and dicere “
- 16.00 – 18.00: In the footsteps of the genes: an interactive tour where attendants can meet the IGM-CNR reserchers.
Topics addressed will be:
– Analysis and manipulation of nucleic acids (RNA/DNA)
– Analysis and manipulation of proteins
– Cell culture and microscopical observation of cells and histological samples.
– Bionformatics and population genetics
Practical demonstrations will be given with the instruments available in the IGM-CNR laboratories.
- 18.00: Farewell cocktail
Organiser: Istituto di Genetica Molecolare IGM- CNR