Host: Institute for Molecular Medicine Finland (FIMM), University of Helsinki
The Institute for Molecular Medicine Finland (FIMM) has for several years been spearheading Pharma collaborations from the University of Helsinki. The “FIMM meets Pharma” webinar series aims to showcase the current scientific frameworks and technological capabilities of FIMM, and spark interest with pharmaceutical partners to initiate new projects and collaborations. he webinar series will showcase some examples of successful research collaboration between our research community and Finnish and international companies.
During this Septemer webinar, we will focus on how genomic data can support drug development and medical discoveries.
- Research Director Aarno Palotie, Scientific Director of the FinnGen study
- Mark McCarthy, Executive Director Human Genetics Senior Fellow, Human Genetics, Genentech
- Heiko Runz, Medical Director, Head of Human Genetics, Biogen
- 00-16.05: Welcome and introduction to FIMM’s Genomics Grand Challenge Programme
- 05-16.20: FinnGen study – What, why and how?
Aarno Palotie, Research Director, FIMM, University of Helsinki
- 20-16.40: Leveraging genetics in drug development
Dr. Mark McCarthy, Executive Director Human Genetics Senior Fellow, Human Genetics, Genentech
- 40-17.00: Opportunities for FinnGen and the Finnish ecosystem to contribute to drug discovery and development
Dr. Heiko Runz, Medical Director, Head of Human Genetics, Biogen
- 00-17.15: Q/A and discussion